What is the Full Form of CDS: In today’s article, we will tell you what is the full form of CDS? Will tell about it. If you have come to our blog to know What is The Full Form of CDS, then you are welcome to our blog Wichh.com.
Recently, the helicopter of the country’s first CDS Vipin Rawat crashed in Tamil Nadu. In which he and his wife and other people traveling in the helicopter were killed. Since then you must have heard the term CDS a lot on all the news channels, newspapers and social media. In such a situation, it is obvious that the question must have come in your mind that What is the Full Form of CDS?
What is The Full Form of CDS
The full form of CDS is Chief of Defense Staff. which in Hindi चीफ ऑफ डिफेंस स्टाफ।
If you understand in simple words, then CDS is the post on which the person posted directly advises the government about the army. The CDS can advise the government on matters related to the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. In this way the three armies will be integrated with each other. A five-star military officer will be posted on the post of CDS.
CDS Full Form in Examination
The other full form of CDS is Combined Defense Services. This is a test. Which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.
What is CDS Exam?
CDS exam is very important for making a career as an officer in the Indian Army. CDS i.e. Combined Defense Service exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice a year.
To appear in this exam, candidates need to be a graduate. Candidates who are successful in this examination are sent for training to Indian Military Academy Dehradun, Naval Academy Goa, Air Force Academy Hyderabad and Chennai for officer training.
CDS Exam Eligibility – सीडीएस परीक्षा पात्रता
- The age limit is 19 to 24 years for Indian Military Academy (CDS), Air Force Academy and Naval Academy.
- The age limit of these officers for academy training is between 19 to 25 years.
- Candidate should have a graduation degree from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Math subjects.
- For INA, the candidate must have an engineering degree from a recognized university.
- To get admission in Air Force Academy, candidate must have Bachelor of Engineering degree from any recognized university.
UPSC CDS Exam Physical Eligibility – सीडीएस परीक्षा शारीरिक योग्यता
Under the CDS exam, the candidate is required to qualify in the physical test, its criteria are as follows.
- Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
- The eyesight of the candidate should be 6/6 as per the standard and retina should be healthy.
- As per the standard the candidate should be clearly hearing i.e. able to hear with each ear at a distance of 610 cms.
- If any tattoo is found on the body of the candidate, they will be banned from the selection process. In the case of tattoos, the candidates belonging to the tribal category can be allowed only on the inner parts of the forearm under special circumstances.
- The candidate should not have any type of disease in present or past.
- Applicant’s blood pressure should be normal.
- If a disease like hernia is found, the candidate will be excluded from the selection process.
- If any abnormality is found during the urine test of the candidate, he will be banned in the selection process.
How to Prepare for CDS Exam – Expert Tips
- Practice answering any question with accuracy in a given time to definitely crack the CDS exam.
- You must solve the question papers of the examinations conducted in the previous years, so that you can get complete information about the questions asked in the examination.
- For more knowledge of general knowledge, you have to study NCERT books up to class XII, along with this you have to read the main events carefully so that no question is wrong.
- English is one such paper under this exam, with the help of which you can score better in the exam, so pay special attention to spotting errors, sentence arrangement.
- To get 100% success in the exam, you should know the cut off of previous years exams, by doing this they will know what can be the safest score.
CDS Exam Pattern – सीडीएस परीक्षा पैटर्न
Under the CDS selection process, first of all, written examination is organized, in which questions related to English, General Knowledge and Mathematics are asked. The time allotted for each question paper is 2 hours. After clearing the written test, the candidate is called for an interview which consists of intelligence and personality test. The most important thing to note is that there is negative marking in this exam, 1/3 mark is deducted for each wrong Answer. Whose exam time will be 2 hours.
|Subject||No. Of Question||Number|
Conclusion – What is The Full Form of CDS
Friends, hope that you have liked the information about CDS Full Form What is Full Detail and CDS Full Detail given through Wichh.com. If you have any kind of question related to this post, then you must tell us in the Comment Box.
FAQs – What is The Full Form of CDS
CDS Full Form in Hindi and English
CDS Full Form Combined Defense Services Exam (संयुक्त रक्षा सेवा परीक्षा)
What is CDS exam qualification?
CDS Exam should possess Graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized University for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy, same for Indian Naval Academy, Degree in Engineering from any recognized University/Institute while for Air Force Academy a recognized degree Degree from University or Graduation in Engineering and must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Maths subject.